comfort zone

30/05/2014



i can't actually believe it's been almost two weeks since my last outfit post, it seems like light years ago where in reality these two weeks have flown by. i'd been feeling a bit down and deflated about my blog around the time of my last outfit post, and if i'm being honest i did actually contemplate giving up blogging. it's a shame that i allowed myself to think like that; as if i reached my peak and that if this was my best i wasn't satisfied with it, because i really do love blogging and pretty much everything that comes with it. but taking a step back and allowing myself some time to look back over certain things has actually really helped me realise my blog is doing pretty darn good and i'm super proud of it. even if my photos aren't super professional who cares, i'm lucky enough to have a friend like rachael (click her name for her blog) who puts up with me enough to take photos for me and we put our heart and soul into making sure we have at least a few acceptable photos to show. even if we keep the super embarrassing and hideous ones for ourselves to laugh at. i've had some crappy things happen in my personal life recently and with that having all you lovely lot to talk to and pick me up makes me wish i could go out every second of the day just so i could thank you in tonnes of outfit posts, as i think you seem to like them. anyway i guess what i'm trying to say is that i'm going to try and not put so much pressure on myself as it really does make me feel unwell. if i can't blog on a regular basis because of work, or for whatever reasons it's okay. all that matters is when i can i make sure i'm happy with it.

p.s if you got past all the emotional soppy stuff up above, how amazing is this dress please? i know i'm partial to a good smock dress but this one's a bloomin' beaut. chicwish have some awesome bits and pieces online at the moment and i'm trying to resist buying them.


28 comments

  1. You look gorgeous, I love those wedges!! Glad you've decided not to give up blogging, you're right, you should be proud of your blog! I love it!Xx

    Lucy Cole | A UK Fashion, Style and Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. that dress is amazing! it looks just like one from the whitepepper. glad you're feeling better about your blog now. i always love reading your posts so never give up please! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a really similar The Whitepepper dress with this kind of embroidery on and I love it! Really pretty xx

    ellenunderwater.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking lovely hun! I am actually just editing shots of this same dress as we speak - great minds and all that :) xxx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just really wish I was you! You always look gorge in your photos. So glad you didn't give up blogging as your blog is one of my favourites. xx

    Grace | Glitter and Carousels

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is stunning! You look so lovely in that hat!

    - Natalie
    www.couttiepie.blogspot.com
    | A Fashion and Lifestyle Blog |

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely dress :))

    http://prettypurple92.weebly.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow i have major hair envy! and outfit envy! i just have straight up envy haha you look like the incredibly hot farmers daughter next door, love itttttttttt.
    http://exploringwardrobes.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  9. gorgeous dress!

    you definitely shouldn't give up on blogging, i absolutely love your blog and think your photos are always so professional looking!

    anna at styleskittle x

    ReplyDelete
  10. just don't pressure yourself. blogging should be fun :) glad you're not giving it up.
    I love your outfit. that dress is so cute :)

    xx Vivi
    www.daintyhummingbird.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your blog is awesome Charissa, you're definitely being too hard on yourself! Lovely outfit as usual x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your dress is just so so pretty Charissa, I'm glad you didn't stop blogging too as yours is one of my favourites x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. You have a really great blog - don't be too hard on yourself ;) And that dress - it's just so gorgeous :)))
    Muilo Burbulai

    ReplyDelete
  14. This dress is perfect! I'd actually be gutted if you stop blogging Charissa, I follow 375 blogs on bloglovin (!) and yours is my favourite lol! I think everyone just goes through phases where they feel uninspired but you'll shake it off soon and be back to normal in no time :)
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. You look beautiful darling, obsessed with the hat!!

    Elizabeth x | www.candyflosscurlscupcakesandcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think lots of bloggers put too much pressure on themselves to put out posts regularly but I don't think other people notice how much you blog, it's more how good the quality of your posts are when you do blog and your are always great! I'm glad you're sticking at it, I love your style. Speaking of, this dress is gorgeous! x

    Hannah @ Cutes and Fruits

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a beautiful dress and you always give me such hair envy! I'm glad you're not giving up blogging, yours is one of my faves! I think your posts are always great, even back when you did indoor photos, because your outfits are always so on point x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  18. Such a pretty dress, I want it!
    Love your blog and your style, definitely keep blogging!
    Hope you're okay!

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  19. So pretty! I love the smock style dresses but I don't think they suit my figure :( x

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. don't give up blogging! professional photos are boring bc normal people cant ever match them! I think you have a great blog (and are defo one of my blogging inspirations)
    xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great style.
    L x
    Http://workingmumy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely dress! And super cute nails.

    -Alicia
    Neon Fox

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this look, you look so good! Wish I could pull off a hat like that!
    The Fashion Wonderland

    ReplyDelete
  24. You look amazing! I love the dress and nails!

    http://www.bee-on-a-budget.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. AHH stunner! Seriously loving your choice in dresses recently! This is lovely!

    www.tinytwisst.com

    ReplyDelete
  26. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Thank

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.