i got love for you if you were born in the 90's

04/08/2014

 
what i'm wearing:
h&m breton striped top (similar here)

so i experienced a little bit of a revelation the last time i shot; the 50mm lens i've had sitting in my house hardly touched since i bought it in january (i kept it for beauty posts) is in fact awesome for outfit photos! don't get me wrong myself and the lovely amy who shoots with are still learning but for our first attempt i absolutely love how they have turned out in comparison to my 18-55mm. i know that to some people i'll be talking a load of 'mumbo-jumbo' so apologies i'll move onto the good stuff... bagging a pair of denim dungarees for £15 in the river island sale! this was perfect timing as i knew i wanted to get some but thought i was going to have to splurge as most were retailing at close to £50, which i knew was well out of my price range. they did only have a size 8 available which i knew was risky as i'm usually a 10 on the bottom but thankfully when i collected them they are pretty generous. for this post i rolled up the bottoms but i think i'm going to cut and sandpaper to make them into the short dungarees i originally wanted. what do you guys think? also, i'm not going to lie to you all i have a bit of an obsession with stripes at the moment. expect more stripe induced outfits soon. hope you like! let me know.

if you were looking into buying a daniel wellington watch, whether for yourself or a loved one you can bag an extra 15% off with the code 'Charissas'. this code is only valid until the 26h of august though so don't miss out!

24 comments

  1. But I was born in the 80's....waaaaaah! :)

    Love the combo of denim and stripes and the flash of your little crescent moon tattoo is fab! (sorry if that is wrong!) xx

    www.lurchhoundloves.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be my exception ;) haha! And yes it is a crescent moon babe. Don't worry x

      Delete
  2. Oh Charissa this is beyond words! You look utterly stunning, that third shot is to die for! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a big fan of overalls but this outfit is so cute! x

    http://rawrbows.blogspot.com.es/

    ReplyDelete
  4. gorgeous outfit, i love your watch!

    Rachel x
    Style Soup

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this look! xx

    www.roseandmuse.com
    www.roseandmusevintage.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Megan on the third shot...BEAUTY x

    ReplyDelete
  7. These photo's look gorgeous. For a first attempt on a 50mm I think they're amazing. I may have to stop using my 18-55mm and trying shooting with the 50 I have lying around. I love this outfit and I'm such a sucker for stripes, I may even have one to many stripes in my wardrobe and a few more stripes in my wishlist, I can't seem to get enough!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love, love, love this whole outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I absolutely love how these photographs turned out, if I do say so myself (not like I'm biased or anything… nope) - that lens is definitely one of my favourites! : )

    Amy at The Girl In The Bowler Hat
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. So cute! This is such a perfect look and those overalls are amazing! Love love love!

    www.shygirlloudvoice.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. loveeeee this outfit! photos look really great too :)

    Rose and Weston x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this outfit and the lense makes the photos look amazing!

    Www.collagemepretty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  13. So cute! This is just gorgeous x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit! Can't beat a stripes & dungaree combo. Your photos look amazing too, I really need to learn more about my camera and lenses!

    Hannah x
    hannahlouisef.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love these photos - I just got a 50mm lens recently and aren't they just magical! These photos look amazing, f.18 can make any background look like you're somewhere amazing. Love your outfit too :)
    www.LydiaRosexo.blogspot.co.uk xo

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the striped top and the photos look amazing! I'm deciding whether to get a 50mm lens or 85mm one, although I may just go for the 50mm after seeing your photos!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your style, so glad I came across your blog! I'm a blogger from the north also woo x

    sophiespaldin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous outfit! You look so cool, love the shoes! Xx
    www.fashionfromgem.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like those dungarees, and love how you have paired them with the slouchy striped top!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  20. Photo quality looks amaze guuurl! I've wanted a 50mm lense for so long now so I'm jel! Looking lovely as always x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love this outfit! You look amazing and your photos do too xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely love this Charissa! You look amazing.

    Lindsey xx
    ropesofholland.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.