back to school | casual

14/09/2014






what i'm wearing:
ASOS ultimate chunky jumper*
H&M burgundy fedora hat (similar here)
TK maxx printed notebook (similar here)
ASOS bonjour canvas tote bag*
H&M various stone rings 

yay i finally have had my hair done! i know it sounds a little mental but the difference it can make to how you feel about yourself is unparalleled. i'd been feeling a bit lazy with my look before; always having it tied up in a top-knot, but now i'm looking forward to making the effort again. i've gonna for a mega cool toned, clean blonde and i just hope i can keep it up looking this way.

anyway to the actual outfit post, many of us are either back to school or will be soon. whether it's secondary school, university or even just at home trying to do some self education. asos challenged me to be able to create five back to school looks with five pieces so here is my first; and probably the most likely, back-to-school look. when you're at university sometimes practical prioritises style, but don't try and compromise it completely! jeans are always a staple piece and with a knitted jumper i just love how simple it looks. with a good pair of loafers and added hat (perfect for bad-hair days if you've woke up late - you know it happens!) for good measure. comfortable but still looking good, right? what do you think? is this something you would think of wearing when you're back to school/uni? let me know!

p.s my lipstick shade is YASH by MAC - it's matte finish and i am obsessed with wearing it all the time.



22 comments

  1. I love this look ! Super cute and simple !


    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so sweet, I love it! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh that knit! Its not *quite* cold enough for jumpers yet in Manchester and I keep finding myself pretty much drooling over photos of great knitwear... Bring on the Autumn :) You look fab, love the hat with this
    xxx
    Chambray & Curls /

    ReplyDelete
  4. Perfect outfit when going to uni lectures!
    Causal, comfortable and stylish
    And loving the new hair!
    http://dressedbys.blogspot.co.uk/
    S xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Charissa! Smashing it every time. Big love for you girl!

    Linds xx

    Ropesofholland.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're hair looks amazing! In love with this outfit x

    http://theressomethingaboutalice.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Absolutely GORGEOUS look Charissa and stunning snaps as always xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this polish and simple look!

    www.lam-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hair is looking gorge (as always!) Have major love for those shoes x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this casual outfit. I think jeans were pretty much what I wore everyday when I was at uni!
    Daniella x

    http://daniella-r.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is like my perfect outfit for university, there's nothing better then putting on a good pair of jeans and a cosy jumper! Also I really like your new hair I absolutely adore the colour of it!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree on the comfy outfit! It's the best. Thanks hun. X

      Delete
  12. looks great.

    http://top100weddingbrands.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this outfit, those loafers are gorgeous!

    Tilly xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love how the notebook ties the whole outfit together! Your hair looks lovely too.

    Faye x
    www.iwishicouldwink.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chick! Well what would going back to school be without a notebook?! X

      Delete
  15. Love this whole look!
    xxx

    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow – love this look! You look absolutly stunning and your hair is amazing!
    Would wear the outfit, too and I want all the products in my closet!
    I’m following you via gfc & look forward for your next post. You’re great – keep going! ♥
    Adoorablee.blogspot.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your lovely comment and thanks for following! X

      Delete
  17. You look so fresh faced and naturally beautiful here!
    Also loving the ripped jeans xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. So in love with those loafers! x

    www.hanvalentine.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'd totally wear this! And I agree about making an effort. In my freshers year at uni I totally gave into the uggs and massive hoodies, which looking back was definitely not my best look! A little bit of effort goes a long way :) xx

    Little Miss Katy | Fun, Food & Fashion!

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.