I didn't find KIKO, KIKO found me

30/08/2015



Products I bought:

I love discovering new make-up brands that don't break the bank. When I was out shopping yesterday in Newcastle City Centre in the corner of my eye I spotted a brand new store that I had never seen before. Upon further inspection once I spied rows and rows of make-up, my curiosity got the better of me and I had to go in. To find high street make-up products in the UK you usually have two options; Boots and Superdrug, it is only the high end brands that hold there own stores so I think it's a breath of fresh air to have a high street make-up brand standing on it's own, as opposed to being amongst toiletries and toothbrushes. I remember seeing the brand KIKO briefly when I was shopping in Venice last year so I chose to seize the moment and grab a few pieces to have a play with. What struck me first was that for how affordable the products are, the packaging for some was absolutely on point. £5.90 for a lipstick that comes in a rose gold cylinder? I'll take it. And the same goes for the bronzer also. I would say KIKO is like the birth child of Sleek and Tarte; the price range and similar quality of Sleek but the design and style of Tarte. As I only visited the store yesterday I haven't had time to try any of the products out properly but on first impression I think it will positive. The most expensive product was still less than £20, so I completely understand why the store was absolutely heaving yesterday. People love a bargain.


Have you tried KIKO before, if so what are your thoughts, or would you recommend any products in particular? Let me know.

18 comments

  1. Their products look so pretty!!!! I have to check them out x

    ratherstrangeblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so late to the Kiko party as I've read countless blog posts raving about their products, but I'm yet to try them! I'm so glad they've now opened a store in Eldon Square, will definitely find myself in their soon. The bronzer sounds fabulous and the packaging is so gorgeous :) x
    Charlotte's Road

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like KIKO, there's a store opening up near me and I cannot wait! Their eyeshadow sticks are pretty good. Lovely photos too! x

    Josie’s Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so loving their new collection super gorgeous packaging ! I have a highlighter that looks incredible !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely need to get my hands on that bronzer, the embossing on it looks beautiful! xo

    Catherine | Pretty Little Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  6. That bronzer looks stunning! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful bronzer and those photos look amazing, can't wait for the kiko shop to open in the trafford centre so I can have a snoop!

    www.omfgwinnie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't tried anything from Kiko yet but the bronzer looks beautiful ! Might have to place an order soon !

    Distant Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have a couple of pieces from kiko, I really need to get to a store to buy a few more bit as I was so impressed with the quality!

    ​​​​Leanne​ x​
    Fancy read? Check out my latest post​ |​ ​​​ How to get Bikini Body ready.... Just put on a bikini?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I had a chance to pop into KIKO when I was in the UK earlier this summer. Wish I had picked something up since everyone keeps raving about it!

    xo, alison*elle

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, these are so pretty! If only Australia had them, why Austalia why? I love that lippy but I'm kind of a sucker for that compact! I dig pretty compacts.
    x

    Kindly,
    Sheree

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always stock up on KIKO in France so I'm super excited about the store in Newcastle!! I cannot recommend them enough, my ultimate products are the highlighters and bronzers. Also the eye shadows are amazing and so cheap!

    ANNA HOPELESS

    ReplyDelete
  13. I always stock up on KIKO in France so I'm super excited about the store in Newcastle!! I cannot recommend them enough, my ultimate products are the highlighters and bronzers. Also the eye shadows are amazing and so cheap!

    ANNA HOPELESS

    ReplyDelete
  14. My friend just bought me a lipstick from there for my birthday! It has little polka dot spots on the actual lipstick, really cool! I love the look of what you bought for yourself, I definitely want to have a look in next time I'm through Newcastle :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've never tried their products, but I heatd so many good reviews.
    Gorgerous blog girl!!!

    http://simplethingsbiginspirations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. That bronzer!! It's absurdly beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  17. How pretty is that bronzer? OMG I think I am in love and I'm not usually a fan of bronzer. Definitely must get! Gx

    www.dorothyandolive.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.