Wishlist | A/W Staples '15

27/09/2015

1|2|3|4|5|6|7

I think we can finally accept that we are now into the autumn season. The nights are becoming darker, leaves are turning crisp, and the air slightly colder. My favourite season has come around once again, I am eagerly anticipating wearing several layers and ankle boots on a regular basis. As it's payday tomorrow I decided it is the perfect opportunity to get my A/W staples purchased so I'm ready for when it firmly feels like autumn. Now is the time we all are considering which A/W coat we will be investing in; last year I opted for the boyfriend coat, however this year I have opted for the ever-so classic trench coat. Of course the pinnacle of all the trench coats has to be the iconic Sandringham Burberry Trench Coat which is beyond my pauper price range, therefore I opted for a more affordable price point of £69.99 from Zara. I have linked above a cheaper alternative too from ASOS. The same applies for a new pair of ankle boots that will make it through the next few months. I prefer a slight block heel allowing me the versatility to wear them and transition a day-to-night look with ease. I absolutely adore the above pair from Topshop with the mock croc effect. I think they look a lot more expensive than they are and although they do have a texture to them they will still go with everything.  Accessories play a vital role to staying stylish in colder months, in particular scarves. The reality is that during A/W you do spend the majority of the time in jackets, unless indoors. Therefore the key is to add a scarf and/or a fedora hat which adds so much more to your look. Casting back to Burberry I will be opting for a checked print to pair with my trench coat; staying with the same hue so it's doesn't take away from the coat. You can switch up your look too, one day wearing it around the neck and the next wearing it straight down and tying it with the belt.

Focusing on beauty, dewy, glowing complexions will be set to back of our minds, favouring matte, bold looks instead. Dark lips are a favourite of mine during A/W. Whether that be a darker tone of red or a deep plum lip, pairing with a gold shade on the eye it will make you stand out above the rest. The bitter touch in the air will add a natural blush, complimenting the whole look. Finally who would I be if I didn't give a nod to homeware when talking about the movement from S/S to A/W. Candles are of course a necessities of mine for a homely touch when the lights go dark and you're sitting with a cup of tea in your fluffy dressing gown. & Other Stories are now selling a new range of candles, so I decided to purchase two. Naturally. The Scandi trend is definitely my inspiration for homeware picks at the moment, and these candles are no exception. They are minimalistic and stand on there own without being lit. Love them.

What are your A/W staples? Let me know.

6 comments

  1. This post has inspired me to dig out my trench coat again! Although it's just a Uniqlo one, like you say a Burberry is the dream! x

    Josie | Sick Chick Chic

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great autumn staples. I'm loving checkered scarves and this one is amazing!

    Emma at www.collagemepretty.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those boots are gorgeous! Hope you managed to snag some of these items!

    Rachel | www.currentlyrachel.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. how good does that highlight and contour pallette look!? Totally feeling that scarf too!
    art-love-fashion.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the choices for this autumn. xx
    www.assessorise.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE this collection of stuff my girly - especially the check print and also love the pile of glitter too hehehe! Gx

    www.dorothyandolive.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.