NE1's newcastle fashion week: DYO jewellery

23/05/2014

event held at nancy's bordello

so my second of three posts from newcastle fashion week i'm popping up today! sorry i haven't got more outfit posts ready for you, the weather sucks and i've had to work seven solid days at work so i could have the weekend off so i could travel down to manchester to see my friend and also see katy perry thanks to boohoo and phones 4 u arena; mega excited! so as i write this on the train down me and rach headed down to the DYO event last week. if i'm being completely honest i wasn't particularly expecting much; just a show of a companies jewellery and that would be it, i couldn't have been more wrong. although shown the jewellery which was amazing by the way, we also were given a discount (darn me for only having my card on me as i really wanted a couple of bits!) and also was given a great insight of how much care and effort goes into each jewellery. it's completely ethical and sourced from all over the world and what's great is each element used is unique. using the interface which will be launching soon you are able to design you necklace completely how you want it to look meaning no one else in the world will have one like yours. and it's not stupidly expensive either!

the masterclass for me was definitely my favourite part of the evening. choosing my materials from a selection of bits and bobs we made our own necklaces! i did it all on my own which i'm mega proud of and i can't wait to wear it!

7 comments

  1. Cool post and so interesting. Glad you enjoyed it! The necklace making sounds like so much fun! :-) xx

    Helen | Helens Fashion & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww this is so cute, I did a jewellery course a couple of years ago so love making jewellery!
    Stop by sometime, Sarah x

    sarahamyruth.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so cool!

    http://pomegranateandcoffee.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. aww you look gorgeous petal! Sounds like a great event.. gutted I missed out :)


    Hannah x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw these pics are so pretty, sounds like a lovely event!
    xxx
    www.maisymeow.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Wow! this sounds/looks like a great event, I like the idea of being able to make your own necklace, that's such a cute touch!

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.