revolution bar, collingwood st. newcastle

22/07/2014

so here i am dipping my toe into the pool of food blogging, and i must say i quite enjoyed it. the lovely people from revolution bars invited me down last week to try the new summer menu and who would turn that kind of opportunity down? i have been to revolution for food quite a few times; as on mondays they do 50% off food until 7pm, and i've always enjoyed it but normally i just would pick something to share such as a pizza. so this time it was nice to have a good look at the menu and decide to try something new and interesting. broaden my horizons and all that jazz. even though i was offered to try the cocktail menu also, due to driving i chose the 'strawberry nojito' the non-alcoholic alternative. it was super refreshing with the addition of mint and lime, plus the absence of alcohol didn't bother me at all. now to get to the good stuff, the food. for my main i ordered the 'fried chicken wrap' (the diet was on hold) with a portion of 'skinny fries' and 'green salad' to share. the idea of fruit being in with a salad would normally be my worst nightmare, but the host recommended it to me and when it came boy was i surprised. it added a light, refreshing touch to my meal with a hint of sweetness from the apples but wasn't overpowering at all. i wouldn't really recommend trying it if you haven't already, when i go back i'll definitely be adding it to my order.

of course after i had cleaned the plate i still had room in my tum for dessert, so i opted for the 'chocolate and blueberry fluffwich'. this again is something i wouldn't normally go for but was excited to try. my first initial response when it was placed on the table was that as far as a dessert goes there is just far too much. although it would be great to go for if you are a sharer (or a big dessert fan!). the 'fluffwich' was chocolate, marshmellow doughy goodness that was super tasty but again i could never have been able to finish off the whole plate. the blueberry sauce that accompanied it for dipping i felt like it was too big for the dessert, and for me i would have preferred it in a pouring jug to add the amount i wanted.

overall, i thoroughly enjoyed my experience at revolution. the menu includes something for everyone and there are a variety of choices for vegetarians and if you are eating gluten free there is also something for you too! so what do you think is this somewhere you would go? i really do recommend it as it has a great relaxed atmosphere inside, the waiters were really attentive and most importantly the food is awesome.

12 comments

  1. OMG that Fluffwidch looks immense! I am having my engagement party this weekend in our local revs and have some canapes and 3 pint cocktail shakers going round the room so will be interesting to see what that is like! Love the food review :) xx


    www.lurchhoundloves.com
    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/4995777

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had an amazing time Charlotte! The food and drinks always been amazing when I've been. Xx

      Delete
  2. The fluffwich needs to get in my belly asap. I wouldn't be sharing haha!
    Sophie
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm the food looks sooo delicious. I love the design of the menus as well - random, I know haha

    The Velvet Black // UK Style, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. That food looks so yummy! The dessert looks insane! xo

    http://rachelnicole.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dessert looks incred, and you're so good at photographing food haha!
    I nominated you for the NE Blogger Awards, good luck <3

    Hannah / hannahlouisef.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks hannah! Maybe that's my next calling in life ;) x

      Delete
  6. This food all looks amazing! :)
    I have a Revs in my town but have never been there for food, I might go next time I'm shopping!

    floraldanielle.blogspot.co.uk
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Food looks delicious.. Mmmm..

    http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. The food looks so good! I've only been to my local one for food once,i had the fries with pulled pork on top and i was really impressed. It's often a favorite on nights out but id definitely go there for food again

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I have just visited your site and the info you have covered has been of great interest
    to me. Some of the suggestions you have given have enabled me to apply my own thought process to afford a greater understanding of the issue. Some info that is provided on the Web is not very useful but yours has been worthwhile. Some of the points you have
    raised will assist me greatly. Incidentally, I like the way you have structured your site,
    it is super and very easy to follow. I have bookmarked you and will be back regularly. Thank you

    Logo Design

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do you need Finance? Are you looking for Finance? Are you looking for finance to enlarge your business? We help individuals and companies to obtain finance for business expanding and to setup a new business ranging any amount. Get finance at affordable interest rate of 3%, Do you need this finance for business and to clear your bills? Then send us an email now for more information contact us now via (financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) whats-App +918929509036 Thank

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.