Rocking the seventies look

22/03/2015


what i'm wearing:
zara sleeveless fur waistcoat (old - similar here)

happy sunday! i'm up bright and early as i have a few errands to run before having another "blog-based" day with hannah. i feel dead proud of myself being on top with posting and feeling motivated to keep going and get my blog back to how it used to be. which may be a challenge as i'm now working full-time where i used to run my blog on part-time hours. if you want something hard enough you'll work for it though, right?

anyway forget my morning drivel here is today's post which again is another seventies inspired outfit. oops. i promise the next one will be a different SS'15 trend! out of all the seventies look i have put together though, i think this is one of my favourite. i was a bit inspired by gucci's catwalk at milan fashion week, minus the crazy budget of course. house of fraser have a wide range of dresses so i'm glad i was able to find this beautiful boho dress from mango. the bell sleeves and tie detail at the back i just know i'm going to be living in it come summer. i also thought wearing my thigh high boots just added a bit extra rather than wearing ankle boots. i love this outfit, my only downfall is i went for a size 10 in the mango dress and it's gigantic; hence trying to cinch in my waist with a belt and failing miserably (as you can see it just slid up on almost every photo). i hope you like it as much as i do. let me know. 




32 comments

  1. You're doing a great job with your blog! These photos look great and love the outfit

    Charlotte Harvs Style Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. you look gorgeous ! love the accessories, especially the hat and the bag x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love that dress, i really like how you've styled it x

    Electra Violet ||

    ReplyDelete
  4. PERFECTION. Can't stop looking at this outfit it's just so good! Aaaaaand now I need to spend all of my pennies so that I can recreate the look haha! Great post :)
    Ally
    Xx
    www.allyinblunderland.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Utterly divine Charissa! This outfit is too cool, love it! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG love your outfit, you look fab <3

    http://t7cell.blogspot.fr/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect vest!!
    ♥♥♥
    Jeanne
    http://fashionmusingsdiary.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beaut outfit, you look divine ♡
    Elle.x

    ohhmyelle.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. The perfect 70s look. <3

    www.r-91.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is the perfecttt 70s look! You look fab!

    DenimMondays

    ReplyDelete
  11. This outfit is insane, I could totally see these pictures in a glossy magazine! Those boots are beautiful ;)
    xxx Claire
    http://wwwclairabelle.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely outfit, i love the 70's trend at the moment !

    Distant Dreamer

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a perfect seventies outfit, you look amazing! Love the dress so much!

    www.wewearsilver.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love this outfit :) The hat and sunglasses combo look lovely

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love how you can make any style look so amazing and well put together! Also, that red lipstick is gorgeous!!

    http://laurenslittleblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Perfect! I love the jacket so much, the colour looks gorgeous!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Literally love this outfit soooo much, I'm o happy the 70's trend is a thing, it's my fave!

    The Velvet Black // UK Style & Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
  18. this outfit is amazing, the fur, florals and boots - aggh!
    gorgeous.


    anna at styleskittle.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love the boots and hat!

    http://alishaxa.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  20. this outfit is perfect!!!! I'm loving the 70's

    https://aspoonfulofnature.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. This outfit is literally on point, its perfect! You look amazing :)
    http://sapphiresaysfashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the seventies rock n roll look, you've styled it perfectly.

    www.thestylecheck.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh my god I need your outfit in my life! This is so stunning and your makeup is on point :D xxx such a beautiful and inspiring post, I love you!!! Xoxo Check out my latest blog post at http://xbeyoutifulx.blogspot.co.uk/ !! Followers are desperately needed! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. So Stevie Nicks! Love this look!!

    Hannah xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love everything about this look! You're such a boho princess.

    Tara x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh, I love every piece in this outfit! Gorgeous! <3

    http://happinessvictim.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  27. love your take on the seventies trend! my favourite from any blogger so far! the colours are just perfect!

    Rose and Weston x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Keep on keeping on with the blog hun! I work fulltime as well and it's really challenging to stay motivated, but your work is really paying off. If anything, it's nice to have something that's purely just for 'you'. You know? Love this entire look - and your makeup is seriously on point!

    xoxo - Kelly
    www.dreaminlace.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. This look is amazing, I love it! And your make-up looks flawless!

    www.gemmacarey.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. Definitely a big fan of this look! You look incredible. Such a well put together outfit.

    DarlingSophie

    ReplyDelete
  31. This is adorable! I couldnt visualise a 70s look on me,but seeing this makes me think I may just be able to do it xx

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.