Practical And Comfortable

11/04/2015


What I'm Wearing:
Topshop Oversized Striped Shirt (similar here)
Aldo Cross Body Bag (similar here)

As much as I love dressing up and being creative, sometimes there is no harm in dressing basic. My hair is in desperate need of a touch-up; a few more highlights and a cut to remove all the dead ends, therefore I've discovered the best way to not have to think about my hair is to throw on a fedora. Et voila. I wore this look last week to visit the Boiler Shop Steamer with Hannah, a food and drink festival that is held in newcastle on the first Saturday of every month. I'll not go into great detail as I do have a blogpost planned to show what would be in store for you if you did chose to visit, but I thoroughly enjoyed myself. As the weather wasn't particularly great outside and we chose to visit during the day. I decided a jean and shirt combination would be suffice. I love my topshop shirt I bagged in the sale last year. The photographs don't show you but the sleeves and back the stripes are pale grey, adding a great contrast with the front detail.

After an exhausting week, I am so glad it is finally the weekend. I am looking forward to doing absolutely nothing today as I usually always have plans or am constantly on the go. I've made the decision to start feeding my mind on a regular basis and after many recommendations I purchased '#GirlBoss' and 'Not That Kind Of Girl' to start reading. Hopefully providing me the burst of inspiration I've been lacking over recent months. Needless to say #GirlBoss was everything I needed and more, finishing the book in two days. I cannot recommend it enough as it has made me more motivated to take hold of my life and realise that I am in control of my own success or failures. I am a fighter and a #girlboss never gives up dreaming.




21 comments

  1. ahh you look super gorgeous, such a nice outfit ! love your trench and your nails are amazing x

    CLUB AVENUE / http://club-avenue.blogspot.com / instagram

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this look, the fedora suits you so much! And your makeup looks seriously flawless - absolutely beautiful!

    Shot From The Street | Fashion Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cute outfit and your nails are so cool.

    Jackie | fashionxfairytale | bloglovin' |

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this look ! And the nails are so gorgeous !

    Sara,
    http://thecrimeofashion.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that hat!

    www.thestylecheck.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely outfit! I loved the #girlboss book, it's so motivational! Your nails also look amazing :)

    Millie x | Millies Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the simplicity of this outfit Charissa, just gorgeous! Oh, and those nails are too cute x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so bladdy gorgeous Charissa! And as for your nails... I NEED! xo

    ReplyDelete
  9. red lips and blonde hair complete any outfit! you look amazing!

    Rose and Weston x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous outfit, I love pairing a shirt and mac together. Definitely putting #girlboox on my must-read list! x

    Everything But The Kitchen Sink

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning photos, you suit red lipstick perfectly!

    http://www.abigailalicex.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have nominated you for the liebester award, please check out my blog to get your questions :) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow your skin looks flawless! Love the red lippy and your outfit, so chic! x

    www.krystelcouture.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this back to basic's look xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. ahhhh that mac is beeeeeautiful! You're rocking it!


    mardeestyles.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the make-up.

    the-renaissance-of-inner-fashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the outfit! Those nails are amazing!! xx

    fashiontatt.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.