Trying to stay motivated when working from home

26/06/2015

Source: Unknown

Well given my recent disappearance from blogging I don’t think there could be a more appropriate back-to-blogging post. Naturally I have always been a get up and go kind of person; always having to keep myself busy or I go a little stir crazy. However recently I’ve been suffering a huge case of the motivation blues. I don’t want to make this a ‘woe is me’ kind of post but to summarise, a combination of weight gain and working full-time hours I had to make the decision for blogging to take a back seat so I can back on track with being happy with myself. Eight weeks on and I’m getting there; I've just got back home for a fortnight off work and a holiday, hopefully that will kickstart me into getting back into it again. Blogging although perceived as being glamorous through the realms of instagram and twitter, in reality it can be quite a lonely task. For those (who are lucky enough) who do it full time, it can be hard to stay on track when you are at home looking at a screen all day, editing and creating content. I just thought it would be nice to share some handy tips from my experience on ways to help you stay motivated:

Keep a notepad handy – Ideas of outfits, potential blog posts or even just random thoughts such as colour schemes are worth noting down as soon as they come to mind. I find my biggest surge of inspiration always comes when I least expect it; when the kettle is boiling. By having a notepad and pen hand it always means those thoughts aren’t lost and may come handy in the future when you’re struggling for content.

Learn to switch off  – If you're anything like me, when you have a burst of energy and are raring to go you just want to keep going, and going and going. The problem is eventually you have to burn out. Overdoing it can be just as bad as doing nothing and especially if you are balancing other factors for instance working full-time as well as working from home with your blog it really can have a negative impact on you. Me being a prime example of this currently. It's nothing to be ashamed of, aspiration is a wonderful thing but stepping a back and having a break, even if it's just an hour.

Talk about it! –  ...

Want to read the rest? Head over to =LV's blog here, where you'll find more tips from me on how to stay motivated from home.


3 comments

  1. I'm coming back from a total lack of motivation too. I now have a notepad and I can't stop jotting stuff down! It really helps! Hope you come back soon, I have always loved reading your posts xx
    ELEANORMAES

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was unmotivated for almost a month because of school and all the other things in life. I was trying to keep writing posts but they were not as I wanted them to be. As you said sometimes it's important to learn to switch off for a moment. Great post! ;) xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice tips.

    http://www.artweddings.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.