Spring Summer '16 at Intu

03/04/2016



Is everyone pleased Spring is finally here? No longer are the items that can only be worn with bare-legs to be burdened to the back of wardrobe. Instead, the sun will kiss our skin with a touch of colour, sunglasses will again become a regular thing and (hopefully) not a piece of chunky knitwear will be in sight. However as great as all this is, it got me thinking that my wardrobe is not prepped for the warmer seasons. Which means one thing - Shopping!

1|2|3|4


The nearest shopping center to myself is intu Eldon Square so it's really handy that I only need to make a fifteen minute drive to get a tonne of fashion inspiration. Not only that but there is definitely no harm in saving a day aside for some retail therapy once in a while, am I right? In stores you usually find that straight after Christmas the shift from Winter to Spring clothing comes pretty quickly. Strange at the time? Yes, but by doing so it allowed me plenty of time to decide what will be my style heroes for early 2016. intu have a great article online here highlighting there new fashion campaign; featuring brands such as House of Fraser, Dorothy Perkins, Kurt Geiger and more exploring what will be the big fashion trends this SS16, so it's handy to have it bookmarked if you aren't completely sure about what pieces would be great to introduce into your wardrobe over the next couple of months.

My two style hero pieces are going to be the dungaree dress and a staple bomber jacket. The reason why I am so excited to incorporate the dungaree dress into my wardrobe is because I believe it will be such a versatile piece. I know I will be able to take it through all the seasons and create some stylish looks all year round. You could pair it with a breton or high neck blouse, ankle boots and a leather jacket, channelling the indie queen Alexa Chung or change it up entirely by throwing on a slouchy tee and a trainers and have a perfect laid-back luxe Sunday outfit. The same goes for why I have chosen a bomber jacket to be one of my style heroes this SS16. Despite it's casual connotations, by choosing the right texture and length the versatile shape makes it a must-have for any wardrobe. My favourite has to be the Matte Shine Bomber from Topshop as it highlights a softer approach to the utilitarian look. It's going to be the perfect pairing with a party dress and some chunky heels for a night on the town with my girls.

What are going to be your hero pieces for this year? Let me know.

*this post is in collaboration with intu - all words are my own*



8 comments

  1. I'm so happy we're in spring! And these picks are so lovely, love the look of that bomber jacket!

    Millie x | Millie’s Wardrobe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Millie - can't wait for the weather to get super warm too! X

      Delete
  2. Lovely selection !

    Sara,
    www.thecrimeofashion.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm loving that jacket, so so cute! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute look, I love the pinafore!
    http://www.britishmermaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those shoes are adorable, got to love a good pinafore too! x

    India Charlotte♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. I desperately need to get myself a dungaree dress this spring! I'm struggling to find one that compliments my figure but I can't wait to mess around with the look. Absolutely love your blog. Keep up the good work girl xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely picks my sweet. That dungarees dress is so so pretty, I want! Also, HI! I literally haven't commented in so long and I misssss youuu!! Also, I can't wait to see some outfit shots soon my lovely, you're style in insane, you're an amazing blogger and I need you to make me want to shop again hehehe!

    MISS YOU SIS <3

    Grace xo
    www.dorothyandolive.com

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.