Wishlist | Hand Luggage edition

08/09/2015


1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10

I always long for as city break as we creep into A/W. The sun is appearing less, jumpers are making way, and I don't really want to be 'bikini ready' anymore. I still want to feel the warmth of the sun on my skin, but this time be fully-clothed. Which is why on Sunday myself and Liam decided to spontaneously book Rome for five nights. We fly this Sunday (yes, only a week to countdown!) and now my biggest challenge is packing; without the freedom of space that comes with a 22kg bag allowance. Last year when we went to Venice by some sort of miracle I managed it. I think the key is to keep it light, incorporate staple pieces, add colourful accessories and have a variety of lipsticks. This way it means that you can create more than one look with minimal choices. Simple compacts like the Bobbi Brown Eye & Lip combo above is great. It doesn't take up a great deal of space but you the opportunity to create different looks for day-to-night. The hardest part of for me when packing is light can definitely be choosing bags and shoes. They are already going to be what takes up the most space; you can't fold them and make them teeny tiny, so the goal is to pick pairs that will go with everything. These Topshop espadrilles are ideal as they have a slight platform and lace up detailing, so they could be acceptable for a dressed up look, but also are definitely a go-to holiday shoe also. The same applies for the saddle bag. Also a handy tip is I like to put my jewellery and extra make-up pieces inside the bag when it is packed as you are saving space and prevents them from getting thrown around and broken in transit. I'm now off to buy some basics in town as they are definite must-have when packing light as they just provide you with so many options, but what do you think of my choices? Let me know.  

P.S Don't tell anyone I told you but ASOS are starting there 20% off for Students from tomorrow. So hang fire on any orders. You're welcome.

4 comments

  1. Love the espadrilles and bag! :) Hope you have a wonderful time I love Rome xx

    www.lifeinthefashionlanee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love that Topshop kimono! Such a gorgeous piece! x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love all of your picks! Hope you have a great time in Rome, it's such a gorgeous city. Thanks for the tip off about ASOS, will definitely be splurging on that ;) x

    ellie etc | a personal style & lifestyle blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the peplum top and the kimono, just essential for a day of sightseeing! Ive recently started wearing backpacks but I would definitely consider the saddle bag its got a great croc finish. I love it! - x

    Lavinya Royes - Fashion & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete

Follow Me

© CharissaRae - a North East Fashion, Beauty, Travel and Lifestyle Blog. Design by Fearne.